Friday Night Junior Program
Junior Program Notices
- The CRPC junior program welcomes both competitive and recreational members interested in either air pistol or air rifle.
- One of our goals is to train athletes who wish to compete in the shooting sports on a provincial, national and international level. Members of our program have, as juniors, participated in ISSF Junior Cups in Germany, Junior Olympics in Nanjing, China and have won gold, silver & bronze medals at the Canada Winter Games.
- Our junior program runs every Friday evening (19h00 until approximately 21h30) during the school year (September until May), with the exception of holidays and competitions.
- Participants may start at any time during the year.
- The juniors only shoot air pistols and air rifles.
- The club provides competition grade air pistols and air rifles (Steyr and Walther) to shoot on Megalink electronic targets at 10m.
- Ammunition is provided.
- We can accommodate a line of up to 12 juniors at a time. We will have a relay system in place when more than 12 attend. Some shoot for a period and then others shoot on a rotation basis.
- We have both pistol and rifle coaches providing instruction and guidance throughout the season: The provincial pistol coach attends on a regular basis.
- Juniors require a club membership to attend the program
- We generally accept youths who are at least 12 years old based on their strength, coordination and maturity. During normal club hours (Non junior program nights) the age requirement is enforced.
- We generally do not require a parent to be present during the junior program, but the club does require a parent to be present if the junior comes to shoot during the week for reasons of liability.
- Participants are required to provide a monitored email address so they may be notified of schedule changes.
- Participants are expected to assist in the setup and teardown of the targets each session.
- Club policy requires that all members must use empty chamber indicators whenever firearms are not in direct control of the individual.
- A given program evening will be cancelled if an Environment Canada Storm Warning Advisory is issued.
For those members who wish to pursue a competitive focus.
- Additional coaching and performance clinics will be offered throughout the year to those focusing on the competitive aspect of the sport.
- It is preferred that competition appropriate attire is worn at all program activities. Team members are strongly encouraged to wear their team uniform.
- Permanent logbooks are required and must be updated at the start and end of each session.
- Participants will have access to additional high performance training activities prior to competitions.
If you have any further question, please email firstname.lastname@example.org